To adopt various social security measures/activities that facilitate convergent action to cover the entire population who are in dire need of greater social security.
- To organise social security programmes all over the state to extend service and support to the destitute, poor, aged, children, women, chronically ill cancer patients and other sections of population which deserve and demand care and protection.
- To formulate and implement schemes for the protection and support for the aged.
- To identify, undertake and implement social security projects.
- To provide additional infrastructure for the modernisation of social welfare institutions in the state and ensure efficient delivery of service to the weaker sections.
To provide facilities for centralised food processing and food supplementation to patients in Government Hospitals.
- To draw up programmes for improving the nutrition standards, health and status of poor.
- To provide assistance including medical expenses to chronically ill poor/destitute citizens.
- To draw and implement a cancer care scheme to extend medical expenses/assistance to children afflicted with cancer.
To draw and implement rehabilitation schemes for the welfare of destitute citizens discharged from the government hospitals.
- To conduct research on various social problems and extension of research findings.
- To undertake documentation of vital literature on social research in development, health, science, technology and environment.
- To train and equip personnel engaged in voluntary social work and non -governmental organisations in the preparation of welfare projects and their management.
- To act as information hub for various social welfare programmes in the state.
- To do all things and perform all assistance as may be necessary or appropriate for the achievement of any or all the above objectives.