Kerala Social Security Mission has conducted Disability Certification Camps including all the Gram panchayats, 53 municipalities and 5 corporations in all 14 districts of the State in collaboration with the local self-governing bodies, officials of the Social Justice Department and Health. This venture was the first of its kind in the country and ensured that all the disabled population in the State enjoy the rights conferred on them by the UN Convention and that they received all the benefits reserved for them. Kerala Social Security Mission ensured that all the disabled people in each Panchayath is brought to the camp with the help of Anganwadi workers and they get their ID cards and benefits. Sensitizations camps were held at Panchayath, Block and Anganwadi workers level prior to the main camp. ID Cards, Pass Book and Medical Certificate for all disabled persons were given on the spot in all the camps as a valid document and a proof of their disability above 40%.
HOW TO APPLY
Application form duly filled to be submitted to the Anganwadi teachers / workers. The camp venue and date will be notified to the applicant via post. Those who have permanent ID card need not apply.
Patients having medical board certificate, disability ID card will be issued directly without attending the camp. Such applicants should submit application with below documents to the Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. Medical certificate original /attested copy
2. One passport size photo
3. Attested copy of ration card /Identity Card / Birth certificate
4. Thumb impression in a white paper
5. Copy of Aadhaar card / confirmation slip received after Aadhaar card registration.
6. Attested copy of age proof (SSLC Book / Voter Card / Birth Certificate etc.)
7. Those who have hearing disabilities, should submit attested copy of hearing test report issued by Govt. ENT specialist.
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Kerala Social Security Mission,
2nd Floor, Social Welfare Institutional Complex,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695012
Phone- 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)