In this present scenario where marriage has become an expensive occasion, there is no doubt that this programme would bring a new ray of hope and prove to be a helping hand for deprived and downtrodden families who are struggling to meet the marriage expenses of their daughters.
“Prathyasha” is an innovative programme launched as a joint venture amid Individuals, Corporates and Kerala Social Security Mission (KSSM). Without any doubt, marriage is part of the social agenda of human life, but in poor families’ parents are not able to afford the escalating marriage expenses. The main objective of this Prathyasha scheme is to help economically poor parents in getting their daughters married.
As a part of this programme girls belonging to poor families are provided with a marriage assistance dole of Rs 50,000 each using the funds raised by Individuals, Corporates and Kerala Social Security Mission. The individuals / corporates can donate amount in multiples of 25,000 and equivalent amount contributed by the government which will be used by the Mission to meet the requirements. Depositors would have an option to select the beneficiaries.
The annual family income of the applicant should be below Rs. 60,000
- Beneficiaries should be above 22 years.
- Application should be submitted before marriage function.
- Should belong to a poor family.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- Marriage invitation letter.
- Recommendation letter issued by MP / MLA / Grama Panchayat / Block Panchayat / Municipal Chairman / Corporation Mayor Etc. Letter should be in the prescribed format.
- Income certificate issued by village officer / BPL ration card / BPL certificate.
- Copy of ration card.
- Attested copy of Identity card (Aadhaar card / SSLC certificate / Driving license / passport etc.)
- Attested copy of age proof (SSLC Book / Birth certificate / passport etc.)
- Family group photo which is taken in front of the house. The complete house view should be covered in this photo including roof.
Scheme Implementing Agency
How to Apply
This project is currently on hold, further initiation will be notified via newspaper.